Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Apple & Sage Pork Chops

Do you like apples? What about pork chops? If you answered yes to both of these questions then its your lucky day! As I was in the spices aisle in the grocery store, I noticed that McCormick has little packets filled with  pre-measured spices and a recipe card (I think they had these for awhile and I never noticed them). You just add the meat and some veggies or fruit and that's it! Pretty cool right?! There are different kinds of recipes to choose from, so I decided to get the Apple & Sage Pork Chops since I never made pork chops before. I just followed the recipe and it turned out to be pretty easy, quick and very delicious! The herbs with the apples and the pork chops where something different from what I had before and I have to say that it was one of my favorite combinations of flavors. The only thing I would change about the recipe is the amount of the Allspice that's called for. To me it seemed a little strong and heavy so I would definitely use less of the allspice but all the other spices worked out great!
If you have all the spices in your pantry already then just go ahead and make it (well you also need the rest of the ingredients) but if not, stop by your local grocery store and look for the
McCormick Recipe Inspirations


  


What you need:
  • 1 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 tsp. thyme leaves
  • 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch think (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 red apples, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
Directions:
  1. Mix flour, all the spices and salt in a small bowl
  2. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with 1 tablespoon of seasoned flour
  3. Cook pork chops in hot oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until browned on both sides
  4. Remove from skillet and keep warm
  5. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender
  6. Add apples; cook and stir 2 minutes
  7. Stir in juice, sugar and remaining seasoned flour until well mixed
  8. Return heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until desired doneness
Prep time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 20 mins.
Makes 4 servings
    Hope you enjoy!
Con amor,
Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment